What is the downside to participating in a study?
Click on this video to hear a real story about why a person decided not to take part in a clinical trial.
People can decide not to take part in a clinical trial. Some things to consider when making that decision include:
- Risks specific to that study
- How long a person needs to take part in the study
- Where the appointments are
- You may feel more comfortable sticking with your routine care
- You may have concern about the accidental release of your personal information. Every study must have security measures to prevent this from happening
- Risks are different for each study. A recruiter will discuss these with you.