What are the benefits of participating in a clinical trial?
Click on this video to hear a real story about why someone decided to take part in a clinical trial.
There are many reasons to take part in a clinical trial. Some reasons are:
- It could benefit to you and your health.
- It could help others, including your family, friends, and community. Your participation could:
- Help researchers learn why some people are more likely to get certain diseases.
- Help researchers learn why some medications do not work well for everyone.
- It could help society by helping researchers save the lives of people in the future.
- If you decide to join a clinical trial, research staff will talk to you about the benefits of taking part in that study.