What are my rights as a research participant?
Click on this video to hear a real story about safety and ethics in clinical trials.
Your rights are to:
- Be treated with respect.
- Be fully informed in different aspects of your treatment plan.
- Decide not to take part in a study.
- Leave a study at any time.
- Ask for information in the language of your choice or ask someone to help you interpret.
- These are your rights whether you choose to take part in a study or not.
- Those with special needs can receive assistance.