Can I change my mind?
Click on the video below to hear a real story about safety and ethics in clinical trials.
- You can choose to take part in a study, or you may choose not to be part of a study.
- You can decide to leave a study at any time.
- It is important to talk to you doctor about your concerns before leaving a study. Your doctor can tell you about any medical risks due to leaving a study.
- If you change your mind in the middle of a study:
- The consent form has details on how to leave the study, including a telephone number. [You get a consent form when a researcher explains the study to you. You have to sign a consent form before you join a study.]
- Research staff can also help you leave a study.