What are the different types of clinical research studies?
Click on this video to hear a clinical trial recruiter explain the different types of clinical research studies.
There are many different types of clinical research studies. Some studies:
- Test medications in people with disease (treatment trials).
- Look for ways to prevent disease (prevention studies).
- Test better ways to identify a disease (diagnostic studies).
- Try to find the best way to detect a certain disease or health program (screening studies).
- Find ways to improve quality of life for those with long-lasting diseases (behavioral studies).
- Learn who gets a disease by researching how genes and illness may be related (genetic studies).
- Look to find patterns and causes of disease in groups of people (epidemiological studies).